If you've enjoyed the Awesome Chicken Salad at the Chequamegon Food Co-op, you're in luck -- this is an adaptation of that same recipe! Thank you to them for sharing it with us!
2 lbs. Chicken Breast
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 1/2 teaspoon White Pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
3/4 teaspoon Curry Powder
1/4 Bunch Scallions, chopped
1/2 Cup Celery, chopped
1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries, chopped
1 1/2 Cups cooked Wild Rice (1/2 Cup dried Wild Rice)
1/4 Cup toasted Walnuts, chopped
1 Cup Mayo
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 1/2 Tablespoons Curry Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix the olive oil, white pepper, salt, and 3/4 teaspoon curry powder together and spread on the chicken breast. Cook until the chicken has reached 165 degrees F, or is fully cooked.
3. When the chicken is done, remove it from the baking pan and let it cool. After it has cooled, chop the chicken into small cubes, or your preferred size, and place in a large bowl.
4. While the chicken is cooking or cooling, chop the scallions, celery, dried cranberries, and walnuts. Mix with the wild rice.
5. In a separate bowl, mix the mayo, lemon juice, and 1 1/2 Tablespoons of curry powder to form a sauce.
6. Add the chopped vegetables and wild rice mixture to the chopped chicken and mix well in a large bowl. Then stir in the sauce until it is evenly spread throughout the salad.
7. Refrigerate until use and enjoy!
Yield: 3.5 lbs
Local Foods Recipes
A collection of meals and snacks that are healthy, tasty, easy-to-prepare, culturally-significant, and feature seasonal, locally-sourced ingredients.
Recipes by Month
Recipes - Alphabetical
Farm to School Local Foods Recipes