1 Cup Whote Wheat Flour
1 Cup Cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
1/4 Cup Plain Yogurt
3/4 Cup Milk
1 Cup Whole Kernel Fresh or Frozen Corn
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Find all of your tools and equipment.
3. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
4. In a medium bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Fold in 1 cup of whole kernel fresh or frozen corn.
7. Grease muffin pan, or line muffin pan with paper liners.
8. Spoon in muffin batter until cups are 3/4 full.
9. Bake muffins for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
10. Allow muffins to cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
11. Serve with a pat of butter, honey, or maple syrup and enjoy!
Yield: 1 dozen muffins
Tools and Equipment:
Measuring Spoons (1/2 teaspoon and 1 teaspoon)
Measuring Cup (1 Cup)
Liquid Measuring Cup
Local Foods Recipes
A collection of meals and snacks that are healthy, tasty, easy-to-prepare, culturally-significant, and feature seasonal, locally-sourced ingredients.
Recipes by Month
Recipes - Alphabetical
Farm to School Local Foods Recipes