Difficulty rating: 1 chef's hat (out of 5)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Roasting is an easy and delicious way to prepare vegetables during the fall and winter. Here are a couple recipes to get you started. When roasting vegetables, the possibilities are endless: winter squash, sweet potatoes, beets, carrots, brussels sprouts, parsnips, turnips, rutabaga, cauliflower and more. Try them alone, together, and with various seasonings to develop your own favorite recipes.
1) Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.
2) Wash Potatoes and trim any large potatoes in half to make all potatoes around the same size leaving skins on for color.
3) Place Potatoes in a bowl and toss with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
4) With the back of a knife, smash garlic cloves and leave in large pieces, add to potatoes and toss.
5) Place seasoned potatoes and garlic in a baking pan and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
6) Remove potatoes from oven, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Inspired by Patrick Moore, A'viands Food Service Director for the Ashland School District
Local Foods Recipes
A collection of meals and snacks that are healthy, tasty, easy-to-prepare, culturally-significant, and feature seasonal, locally-sourced ingredients.
Recipes by Month
Recipes - Alphabetical
Farm to School Local Foods Recipes